Saturday 2 August 2014

August TBR

I'm going to be completely honest here and say that there is little use to me in creating a TBR.  I say this because I never stick to my plans, as proven by my July TBR from which I read two out of six(ish) planned books.  But, I'm going to do it anyway.







Another reason my TBRs rarely work out is that my primary source of books is the library.  Three of the above novels are ones that I have put on hold and am currently waiting for to arrive at my local library.  The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas is the only one that I own, and is therefore the only one that I am guaranteed to read.  I've already read Throne of Glass and I liked it very much so I am hoping that The Assassin's Blade will be a similar experience.

I really haven't heard much about The Giver by Louis Lowry to be truthful, except that I believe there is a movie coming out for it so I thought I would give it ago.  Also, it's relatively short which means it won't be too much of a waste of time if I don't like it.

In contrast to The Giver, I have heard a lot about We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.  However,  I still don't really know what it's about!  Rich kids?  I decided to read this though because of all the hype and one of my groups on Goodreads is reading it in August so it'll be nice to join in on the conversation.

Finally, I'm planning on reading Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout as it is the last instalment in the Lux series, which I have absolutely loved so far, and it comes out this month!  Yay!  I'm expecting wonderful things!

Have you read any of these?  What are you planning to read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts
Back to Top