Saturday 6 September 2014

Soundtrack Saturday - Divergent


Soundtrack Saturday is a new meme/feature created by Erin over at The Hardcover Lover, where you choose a soundtrack for a book that you've read.  There's 4 guiding questions/statements, which I'm going to answer now for Divergent by Veronica Roth.  Just a warning, there may be slight spoilers in this post, but nothing that should ruin the book for you if by some chance you haven't read it yet :)

A Song I Think Goes Well with the Beginning of the Book:
I'll Make a Man Out of You from the Mulan soundtrack.  I suppose this isn't really for the immediate beginning of Divergent, but I think it fits with all the Dauntless training and Four's (rather than Eric's) perspective on the Transfers.

A Song I Think Fits a Character in the Book:
Titanium by David Guetta featuring Sia.  I think this song represents Tris because no matter what is thrown at her, she never crumbles under the pressure.  She keeps going and pushes forward.

A Song I Think Represents a Relationship in the Book:
Borrow My Heart by Taylor Henderson.  This song seems to fit Fourtris well.  "Love is a feeling that you fear", "I won't let you go, when your world's in the dark" and "for you, I'll be brave" - please tell me you see the connections!

A Song I Think Fits the End of the Book:
Alone Together by Fall Out Boy.  I think the lyrics of this song captures the end of Divergent where (highlight to read)Four and Tris (and Co.) are leaving on the train, with no plans to go back.  Although they're heading to Amity HQ, they're not quite sure where they're going to go from there.



I had a bunch of fun writing this post!  I hope you liked it!  Link me to your own Soundtrack Saturdays :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your choice for the beginning of the book. God! I'm picturing all in my head right now and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices! I totally see the connections with Fourtris and that song ;)
    I've been wanting to do this meme since Erin introduced it, but I have a very limited knowledge of music, haha. Pretty much I only know what comes on the radio/is popular on YouTube xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you see the connections!
      Hahah I know what you mean - I'm a bit like that too (hence the song from Mulan :P ) - but I've found that if I write the post over the week, the ideas come to me eventually.

      Delete
  3. First of all, thank you for participating. From what I've seen, you're the only person who did this week.

    Secondly, awesome song choices, especially "Titanium" for Tris. That suits her well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay - I love this idea. I think I'll make regular ones. Oh that's too bad.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top