Friday 5 December 2014

Sisterhood of the World Blogger's Award - Q&A



I was tagged by the lovely Veronika @ Reading is Dreaming With Open Eyes to do the Sisterhood of the World Blogger's Award, but as I've already done this tag, I've decided to respond to it as a Q&A.

These are Veronika's questions, and my answers:

1. Do you prefer hardbacks, paperbacks, ebooks or audiobooks? 
I love hardbacks but practicality calls for paperbacks - they're cheaper and lighter to carry around.

2. What is the book that would make a great movie in your opinion? (Choose one that hasn't been filmed yet.)
I'd have to say Legend by Marie Lu.  That whole trilogy would be awesome as movies, I believe.


3. You are having a horrible day. What book can lighten your mood?
Something funny, I guess.  Like Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, any of the Clarice Bean books by Lauren Child, Harry Potter... maybe Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor or Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck.  I have a lot of comfort books.






4. Who are your favorite musicians? 
If this is purely intended for those who play instruments, I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint.  Carter Burwell maybe?

5. Do you like Christmas themed books? Favorite one? (I'm dying to get some recommendations.)
I honestly think I am yet to read a Christmas themed book.  I'm about to read the collection My True Love Gave to Me, so that's exciting.



6. What is your least favourite series or novel and why?
Girl Parts by John M. Cusick is a least favourite novel.  Maybe I was interpreting it wrong, but it didn't seem to me to place very much value on women other than their usefulness to fulfilling men's wishes.  I didn't finish this book, and it makes me very angry to think about (especially after having read other's reviews to find out what actually happened in the end - something that made the story even worse, in my opinion).  Maybe it's just me, but that's what book I'm going to choose for this question.


7. Have you ever gotten into an argument because of/about a book? 
Sure.  I've had plenty of (harmless and light-hearted) arguments on Goodreads about my claim on a certain Will Herondale :P

I also argued once with my dad because he didn't like the end of Divergent.  He thought it was too much like the end of a chapter, rather than the end of a book.  (I don't know what his problem was - he could go straight onto Insurgent anyway :P )

8. Who's your favourite secondary character? 
There's so many great ones though!  I can't possibly pick.

(I know, I'm cheating)
9. How do you feel about writing negative reviews? 
I feel that if the review is actually giving meaningful reasons as to why the person didn't enjoy the book, that's okay.  It's when the review insults people or is unnecessarily cruel that I believe they should not be shared.

10. What was the longest time you've gone without reading?
I'm not sure, to be honest.  I think my whole life I've always at least had a book I was in the middle of reading on my beside table, even if I was reading only a little bit every few days or so.  I don't think I've ever really had a long break.


Thanks a lot to Veronika for tagging me!


PS: Is my new title image too much?  Better than the old one or no?

8 comments:

  1. OH GOD I USED TO LOVE CLARICE BEAN! SO MUCH. Hardbacks are pretty, I agree, but damn, they hurt when you drop them on your face LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another person who liked Clarice Bean! I don't think I've come across anyone on the internet yet who liked them.
      Lol, but isn't the risk worth the reward?

      Delete
  2. Hardbacks are just so pretty but yes, so expensive and heavy. Even so, I once in a while treat myself to a few. I can't say no. I have no will power whatsover LOL OH, and I believe Legend is gonna be a movie (don't know when though, IMDB says 2016) and if they do it properly it could be amazeballs! I like your new header, butterflies are just too pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous. I have to admit I have caved and and bought some too. For real? That's awesome!
      Oh yay! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Great answers! I'm thinking the same about Legend - it could make a very cool movie! I also feel the same about Girl Parts (although I haven't read it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Yeah! Yeah... I'm not quite sure what I was expecting with that title.

      Delete
  4. Love your answers! Hardbacks are usually prettier but I think holding a paperback is a lot more comfortable. Finally, after a week of waiting, my copy of My True Love Gave To Me arrived! I'm so excited to dive into those stories! I've yet to read Night of Cake and Puppets but I heard many great things about it and am looking forward to it. I'm hesitant about picking up the Legend trilogy because I already know the ending and that is something that could definitely ruin the reading experience for me.
    Thanks for answering my questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronika! I agree, paperbacks are a lot easier to hold. That's awesome! I just picked a copy up from the library this morning. It's so exciting because I love a lot of the authors that are involved. I hope you enjoy it! I also hope you get to Night of Cake and Puppets soon - it was adorable.
      Depending on the extent of the ending that you know, I don't think it would ruin the experience for you, because the best part about the Legend books (in my opinion anyway) is all the action scenes.
      No worries! Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top