Monday 23 February 2015

Bookentine's Day


I wasn't tagged, and it's not Valentine's Day (or even week) anymore, but I saw this on the lovely Noelia's blog, and it looked too fun to pass up!  The tag was created by The Story Goes, so you can go check out the original post there.
Now I'm going to get straight into the questions!

My OTP (One True Pairing):
Despite the "one", I have quite a few true pairings - mostly they're from TV shows though.
From books: Will and Tessa from The Infernal Devices, Karou and Akiva from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, Penryn and Raffe from the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy, Sophie and Howl from Howl's Moving Castle and Malva and Orpheus from The Princess and the Captain.
From TV Shows: Clark and Lana from Smallville, Scott and Allison from Teen Wolf, Rumpelstiltskin and Belle as well as Emma and August from Once Upon a Time and Emily and Jack from Revenge.
I can't cut this list down because I am seriously that passionate about all these pairings.
(Also, notice how a lot of them are beeping DOOMED?)

From now on, I'll try to pick other ships for the questions.

My Favourite Ship to Ship:
That has to go to Penryn and Raffe right now, because their trilogy is not over yet.  I absolutely cannot wait for End of Days!





Favourite LGBTQ Ship:
Magnus and Alec from The Mortal Instruments wins this.  After reading The Bane Chronicles I love this ship even more.  They make each other better, and that's one of my favourite things to see from a ship.

Favourite YA Contemporary Romance Book:
Unfortunately, I'm going to be terribly cliche here and say The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  I haven't read much contemporary romance, okay!?

Favourite Ship From a Book That Isn't Contemporary Romance:
Tris and Four from Divergent.  I think they're great together.

Favourite Friendship:
I'm going to go with the strange sort-of friendship between Simon, Jace and Jordan from The Mortal Instruments, particularly City of Fallen Angels.  I loved the friendship between The Raven Boys but I haven't read any more books from the series yet, so I feel unqualified to make that claim.

Top Book Boyfriend of All Time:
Will Herondale hands down ❤︎


Three Other Book Boyfriends Because We All Know You Can't Have Just One:
Okay, I'm listing more than three because I don't have all that many, really.
Daemon Black from the Lux series,  Raffe from Penryn and the End of Days, Noah Shaw from the Mara Dyer books (he's my shallow choice, if I'm being honest) and Dorian Havilliard from the Throne of Glass books.
Also, I can't go without mentioning Derek from Teen Wolf.  Heh.

The Character I Wish Was My Valentine:
I'm going to pick Noah Shaw from the Mara Dyer books.  You just know that Valentine's Day would be full of (possibly extravagant) surprises with him.

The Character I Wish I Could Spend Valentine's Day with Sulking Over the Fact that We Don't Have Dates:
I wouldn't sulk, since I'm a little used to this by now!  Also, not having a date isn't so bad - no one where I live really cares that much about Valentine's Day as far as I know.  But a character I'd like to be my best friend would be either Cath from Fangirl or Sophie from The Infernal Devices.

Most Painful Ship to Ship:
So this isn't out of a book (surprise, surprise), but from my current favourite TV show.  Clark and Lana from Smallville.  If you ever saw this show in it's early seasons, you would know what I mean.  And then there's also the fact that you just know it's unlikely to work out, because Superman always ends up with Lois Lane...ARGH.  Trust me, you can't know how frustrating Clana is to ship until you experience it.


Really though, most of my ships are painful; as mentioned in question one, a lot of my ships are destined to fail!

Favourite Love Triangle:
Aaaaaaand I'm mentioning The Infernal Devices again.  Nothing comes close to the beautiful agony that is Will, Jem and Tessa.

Villain You Secretly Love:
I'm normally not one to like villains, to be totally honest, however I do like Loki from the Marvel movies (and I know I'm not alone in this!) and I can't say that I completely hate the Darkling from Shadow and Bone.



So that's all the questions!  I loved answering all these questions.  If you've done or do this tag, be sure to link your post in the comments!  It's so fun seeing what couples everyone adores.

4 comments:

  1. Doing this, this week. Valentine's day is over but who cares really.
    I have never seen more than 2 episodes of Smallville. I didn't really like it when I started it but I'm going to try again soon.
    Will have to go with Raffe & Penryn for the shipping too because they are just so fun to ship.
    Awesome Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, it's definitely worth doing anytime!
      I really hope you like it this time around. Then again, maybe it's just not your kind of thing :)
      They are a lot of fun.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Ships are supposed to be painful for most fangirls/boys all the time. Mine always sink, that's why I hate love triangles because I always pick the other guy hahahaha
    And oh, my freaking goodness Loki. HE'S DA MAN! I absolutely love him - or rather Tom Hiddleston ^^
    I was such a fan of Alisson and Scott and I honestly don't like the new girl... it's not the same :( but hey, at least I have Stiles... I mean, he's so great and quirky but in an adorable way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :( Aw that must be the worst!
      Yes! Tom is adorable :')
      I know right? Stiles and Derek are the only reasons I'm staying with the show right now.

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top