Monday 23 March 2015

Life Updates (Did you see this coming?)

So, I mentioned quite a few times in previous posts that I was going to be starting uni, and man, can you tell!  I haven't posted for over two weeks now.  On the one hand, this makes me feel disappointed in myself, because I know I haven't made blogging as much of a priority as I could have (I have watched quite a lot of TV), but on the other hand I knew that my blogging was going to take a hit as soon as I had student commitments in my life again, so this is something I was expecting.  Hopefully, as the trimester goes on, I will continue to work on my time management and get more done in the time I have available to me.


Another thing that has been hindering me is my inability to stay focused on one task for very long.  I've had so many ideas for posts lately, but I just haven't had the concentration to sit down and write the whole thing out.  I blame this on my earlier mornings - I've been getting up before 5.30am most days to make it to uni for 8am lectures so when I get home I just want to flop onto my bed and sleep.


Of course I haven't been doing that, and instead have frequently opted for a low-energy activity... yeah, that's where the TV watching comes in.  I think I'm going to give up My Kitchen Rules because it is eating up too much of my precious time.  My favourite team has been eliminated already, but that obviously has nothing to do with this decision ;)

I've got my first field trip tomorrow which is very exciting, even though we're just surveying the density of plant species in a local park.  I've had to get myself some waterproof gear due to predicted inclement weather though, so we'll see how that goes.

I've still been reading a little bit.  Not as much as I would like, but it's happening.  I've recently finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, so expect a review of that up soon.  I also just finished a reread of Angelfall which you should hear a little bit more about in an upcoming post too.  As long as I can sit my butt down for long enough to put the finishing touches on it...

Something else I wanted to mention is that I bought the below book from the market a couple days ago.  I've heard next to nothing about it, but I recognised the cover and author and, let's face it, because it was super cheap I decided to buy it.  As usual, you can click the cover to go to it's Goodreads page.


My questions for you are:

Have you read it? 
If so, what did you think?
Have you read anything else by the author?

And finally, I would like to leave you with this gif which I think describes my life pretty accurately right now!


4 comments:

  1. Uni can be mental sometimes, so it's okay if you can't upload as much as you used to. And well, watching too much TV is normal as well because you don't really have to do much. You sit down and enjoy the show. That's what I do as well if I'm a bit overwhelmed with Uni and whatnot.
    I hope everything goes well with your field trip! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you. Uni bites my arse, quite frankly. I can't be bothered for anything other than sleep nowadays. SO I'M JUST GOING TO KEEP ENCOURAGING YOU TO TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE LIFE TIRES ME TOO! Keep rocking, I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha at least I'm not the only one who feels this way then.
      Thanks Jess! :)

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top