Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Wrap Up


I just have a short little wrap up post today.  This month wasn't a bad reading month for me with a total of 5 books finished.  Still, I'd like to be reading a little faster.  I'm getting into a routine now though, so things might get better soon!  So, here are the books that I read this month:






1.  Every Breath by Ellie Marney (4 stars)
2.  Angelfall by Susan Ee (reread, 5 stars)
3.  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (5 stars)
4.  Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold by Iain Reading (3.5 stars)
5.  Every Word by Ellie Marney (4.5 stars)


I've got reviews of both The Night Circus and Kitty Hawk coming up soon, so I won't say anything more about them here.  Also, I'm pretty sure if you've been visiting my blog you know my feelings about Angelfall, so I won't talk about that either.  (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can go here and here).  Which leaves the first two books in the Every trilogy by Ellie Marney - Every Breath and Every Word.

Every Breath was nice.  I liked the characters and  I loved how it was set in Melbourne - I live in Victoria, so I know Melbourne fairly well.  I haven't read a book set so close to my home so it was very cool.  I was a tiny bit disappointed by the mystery element - it seemed to me to be pretty basic.  I did guess one key part to the mystery just before the characters did, which strangely added to the suspense and my overall experience with the book, whether that was the author's intention or not.
But then!  Every Word!  That upped the game.  It was intense in every possible way.  I came out of it loving the characters which I had only liked before, and the mystery was a lot more intricate.  It was also more thrilling and had me on the edge of my seat multiple times.  I'm looking forward to reading Every Move - which I have already in the queue for at the library.

For my TBR, there are only a few books in addition to those in that TBR post I did a little while ago.  Here they are:




1.  World After by Susan Ee (Penryn and the End of Days #2)
2.  The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (The Maze Runner #2)
3.  Every Move by Ellie Marney (Every #3)

And I think I'll leave it there!  Hope you had a great March :)

6 comments:

  1. Great wrap up! I'm glad to see you like The Night Circus because is on my TBR and I always keep hearing mix things about it. I guess is a hit or miss book but I shall see for myself. I'll be looking forward to your review though. I don't know much about the other books besides Angelfall which is also on my TBR but I never seem to find the time to pick it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelia :) I enjoyed reading yours too.
      I can understand that The Night Circus isn't for everyone. It can be slow but it was well worth the read to me in the end.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Angelfall is on my TBR (hopefully) for April, I'm so glad you liked it :)

    Also, The Night Circus, aghhh. That book intimidates me, but I'll get to it! SOOON - as soon as I'm done with my finals in May actually, but you get the drill!

    I loved your wrap up <3 Cannot wait for your next month's :)

    - Jumana @ http://booksbyj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy Angelfall when you eventually get to it - it's a favourite of mine :)

      The Night Circus was amazing! Don't be intimidated! Good luck with your finals :)

      Thanks Jumana!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top